Friday 28 March 2008

ID Cards

What is going on? I just don't understand, a few months ago we had a whole bunch of issues about government not taking good care of our personal information ( I currently live in the UK ) and every tv channel was saying that this is a huge blow to the ID scheme with I think the largest percent of people agreeing that it is not needed and some even saying how harmful it would be. And now barely any time has passed between then and now and the government announced that its going trough with the scheme.

How can they do this, the government sais it wants it, the people say they don't, when did it become what the government wants against what the people want, shouldn't the government be representing the people not dictating to them in a democracy?

Its not that I am against the ID system that much I wouldn't care that much government knows everything they want to know anyway and I don't really have anything to hide, but still with such a large amount of people disagreeing with them and them still pushing forward with it why are the people letting this happen ( first the European constitution treaty thing, and now this ) why do we just sit there and let them dictate to us when we should be dictating to them?

If you want to learn more about the subject or want to make your voice herd here is a link to a site that is opposing it http://www.no2id.net Tho personally I wont bother doing anything I certainly hope that everyone else will, so !!! To Arms My Comrades Let Us Annihilate This Horrid Menace!!!

No comments: