Thursday 27 March 2008

My first post

Hello umm ok here I go, Why is humanity so annoyngly ignorant, I mean I do consider myself to be somewhat more intelligent than alot of people, and the problem is that I am not actually smart, I forget things quite often and I am not really good at anything so I can see that the vast majority of people could actually be smarter than me but they are not they are wilfully ignorant. I work in a factory so you can say I work with the avarige people and about 80% of them are ignorant buffoons they don't believe in evolution, they don't take interest in the current state of affairs in the world, all they care is what they will buy on the weekend and I believe that's a problem, yes survival is important I will not argue that you should think of how to put food in your and your families throat before considering weather the sun is a star or a planet ( actual argument I once had with 4 people at the dinner table ) but it is not survival if you are buying a new pair of shoes when you have 20 others, that would in my opinion be the time to start thinking about the more subtle questions in life like weather you are a monkey or a celestial being ( an argument I had more times than I can count ) and they do take interest in other things I have to give them credit for that ( they care extremely weather Britney spears is a good mother or not ( more the females ) or which unaffordable car can go the fastest ( more the mails )) but none the less why do people take such an interest in these things and not the current state of the economy. Now I realize that knowing that the sun is a star wont make any more difference than knowing Jenifer Lopez cup size, but still one cant help but wonder weather the person who knows just the first would be more intelligent than the person who knows just the second, even tho it takes up the same amount of storage in the brain to know both these facts. Sometimes it apears to me that people are naturally repelled from things that matter and would rather spend just as much time and resources to learn something absolutely irrelevant. I often catch myself doing the same thing, I start stumbling ( With stumble upon ) and I just bookmark the actual rellevent things like the new discoveries in science to come back to read them later which I nearly never do I have a backlog of maby 200 bookmarks I will spend many hours reading some stupid online comics. But what I cant understand is why, why do I shy away from things that actually interest me and stick with things that I will forget in a few minutes! I truly am trying to improve to increase my intelligence I am still relatively young (19) So perhaps I can still learn to prioritize things correctly. What also bothers me is that other people my age aren't bothering and they treat me like a fool when I tell them that they should take interest in more relevant subject because they are the masses the future is up to them!

Well that ends my first rant if you disagree with me please inform me of I enjoy fixing the flaws in my logic and there are still many, it is extremely hard to find them by your self and when they are pointed out to me I find it much easier to examine and correct them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. There is alot of truth but in few topics i can argue lots of hours. I really dont think that to know J.Lopez cup size or her fitness diary, is the same as to know from what materials the Sun is or to know few words for example in Japanese language. U can never use the information about TV stars as same as you could use ur new known words in Japanese. In a one way you are right but in several others..... as i said i ll defend to the death that you are right to say them!

Barbatos said...

I would like more information on what points you disagree with me cousin so that I can perhaps better explain my points to you.